Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bible Time

I started doing "Bible Time" at breakfast with Nathan a few months ago, so I thought I would share what we do. :-) It works for us, and Nathan loves it.
Nathan has a cardboard children's Bible that is very abbreviated. As soon as I pick the Bible up, Nathan yells, "Bible time!!"
We sing the B-I-B-L-E song.
I open the Bible and say, "Genesis 1:1!!!" We are working on memorizing that verse; Nathan is not fond of memorization, so I generally just say the verse. This morning he actually said the whole verse while I was peeling his orange and pretending not to pay attention...ha.
I read the creation story, pausing to let him fill in the blanks. (God made the earth and the sun. He made the moon and the... Nathan says, "Stars!" One day I was hurrying and tried to just read it myself...someone got a little upset. )
I read the Noah story; sometimes we sing some of "Rise and Shine."
I read David and Goliath then Daniel in the lions' den (also known as "jealous men" to Nathan).
Sometimes we read about Joseph and Mary; sometimes we don't.
When I get to the part where Jesus is teaching, I say John 3:16, and he tries to say it, too.
I read about the sick woman and blind man who were healed (Nathan shouts, "I can SEE!!!")
I read about the children coming to Jesus. Nathan says "Go away!" when I ask what the men said. When I ask what Jesus said, Nathan says, "Come to ME!" and puts his hands on his chest.
We sing "Jesus Loves Me" or "Jesus Loves the Little Children."
We pray.

Anyway, Nathan loves his Bible time, and I am amazed at how much he remembers.

No comments:

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras