Monday, March 22, 2010

Whew!






Isn't it positively disgusting?!










The finished product.










My refried beans made with lard.











My crockpot with chicken bones/skin and veggie scraps ready to go.







From a 2-lb bag of pinto beans I got seven 2-cup bags of refried beans, plus a little extra which I put in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch. Nathan also ate two small bowlfuls.



I am TIRED! I think the hand-crank meat grinder got to me. ha :-) I put the deboned chicken in the fridge for tonight; I'll chop it up and put it in freezer bags tomorrow. Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with what I got done. I also got the GAZILLION dishes done from this day of too many dishes, so I really feel good.
With the lard, next time I will not put more than 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the pan with all the fat. It took forever to cook today. I think it turned out fine, but the cracklings weren't as "crackly" as I expected them to be. Maybe that had something to do with the extra water. I don't know.
Anyway, it's off to bed with me; the three loads of clean laundry in my living room will have to wait for tomorrow! :-)
Goodnight!

1 comment:

@lici@ said...

Carolyn took one look at your positively disgusting picture and said, "YUM!"

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras