Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Some thoughts

I have always had an opinion about abortion (who knew?) and have always been against it. I have been thinking about why it bothers me so much lately. Why am I getting so fired up now? Here are my thoughts:

1) The election of Barack Obama and a Democratically-controlled Congress has “lit a fire” under me, you could say. When Bush was President, there was no way a bill like the Freedom of Choice Act had a chance at becoming law. Now, I think there is a good chance of that happening.

2) I am a mother. I have been pregnant twice. I have experienced the joy of having a baby full term and watching him grow, and I have experienced the indescribable pain of having a baby at five months and holding him while he died. I hate the thought of young girls being sold a lie and having to live with that pain and the possible physical consequences for the rest of their lives.

What course of action should I take? I want to act, to do something. I know that getting angry and hating the people who support and promote abortion is a waste of time (and a sin for Christians) because those people are blinded. Hate, for the record, has never opened the eyes of the blind. I think prayer is the first step. Prayer gets our attitudes right (funny how that works) and truly makes it possible for us to act in love. Right now I am committing to pray and get my attitude right, and I pray that God will show me what He wants ME to do in the process.

No comments:

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras