Sunday, November 9, 2008

Stocking up on baking supplies

I do not have a picture to post, but I thought I would share anyway! :-) Walgreens had several good deals on baking supplies today, so I got a few things. I was glad that I decided to go shopping with my brother at Walmart first, though, because I figured out which items were cheaper at Walmart and which ones were actually good deals.
Here's what I bought:
Sunmaid Raisins, 16 oz., $1.50 each
Libby's Pure Pumpkin puree, 15 oz., $0.98 for 2
Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz., $1.29 each
Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips, 12 oz., $1.24 each
Brawny Paper Towels, 8 pack, $5.24 each

I think sixty-six cents per roll of paper towels is pretty good. I really like the Brawny paper towels, too. I bought Bounty Basic paper towels really cheap one time, but I hated them. They were no good for a mommy of a two-year-old. :-)
I bought Karo syrup and condensed milk at Walmart; the Karo was about 24 cents cheaper at Walmart, and the condensed milk was only a cent cheaper. ;-) I am trying to buy a little ahead in preparation for my candy-making. I'll have to post pictures this year. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

jodirae said...

Okay so I was not happy with Walmart or wags today but that is okay. I had some issues at Wags but you know its okay becuase the manager hooked me up. :) So here's what I got at Wags:
2= 42 oz Quaker Oats --7.98
2= Progresso Soups -- 5.18
3= BB Quarters -- 4.05
Total========17.21
Coupons====7.93(store ad and mq)
Oats discount=====3.99
Subtotal b4 tax==5.29

They didn't have the Oats for 2-18oz containers for $2.79 BOGO so the assistant manager gave me 2 of 42oz for BOGO which is regularly $3.99 each. Such a better deal! But for some reason it only let me use one mq instead of two. Weird. Oh well I think I did pretty good. I will save the baking stuff until Saturday. :)

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras