Friday, January 16, 2009

What I'm up to


I’m not being as productive today as I was yesterday. Even though yesterday brought some issues that I didn’t greatly enjoy (my son had bowel trouble which began with him soiling, terribly, two pairs of underwear and ended with me giving up and putting a pull-up on him), I still had a fairly productive day. We went to the library for library time, made bread (my first try in a long time), made yogurt, swept the kitchen, let the dogs in, swept the kitchen again, and vacuumed the whole house. Okay, so it doesn’t sound so impressive once I write it out, but I felt really productive! We all really liked the bread recipe I used, so I definitely think I will be making bread again.
I think I have mentioned making Avocado Yogurt Dip; I use avocado, yogurt, and a bit of red pepper. Yesterday I made the dip, left out the red pepper, and added chopped red onion. It was very good! We ate it with pretzels, but I’m trying to think of something better to eat it with…any ideas? I’m trying to stay away from white flour lately (it and sugar seem to give me grief), so I may just have to buy some whole wheat crackers. I wish there were a veggie that went well with avocado dip. I tried carrots…nope.
Hmmm, what else can I talk about… Oh! I am reading through Charlotte Mason’s homeschool series, and I really enjoy the reading. I am almost finished with the first book Home Education, Training and educating children under nine. I don’t know why I always feel obliged to say this about books that I enjoy, but “I do not agree with everything in the book.” Ha There is so much good in the book, though, so many ideas and useful tips. I would almost go as far as to say that every mother should read this book, whether she chooses home, public, or private school. I have many other thoughts about this book, but I’ll save those for a later post.
Well, that is all for now. I can’t believe I was actually in a writing mood today! Now I need to transfer that motivation to some chores around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bread looks so freakin' awesome. And I had a productive day YESTERDAY! Yay!

-Tabitha

Rachel said...

Thank you, thank you... :-)
The bread turned out really well, and over half of the flour was whole wheat! I was happy. I think I'll probably make it again this week.
Yay for productive days! ;-)

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras