Friday, October 31, 2008

Grocery Shopping

I am still trying to figure out how to get the best deals without wasting gas and hurting my back in the process. :-) I just recently began shopping at Aldi's, and I love the prices. However, they almost never have everything I need which means I go to other grocery stores to supplement. Yesterday's shopping trip was the worst in a while, probably because there were several errands which needed to be juggled at once. When I got home, I was just exhausted.
However, I felt that I had done well considering the stocking up that I did. A local grocery store had butter 2/$4 (real, unsalted butter), and Walmart had cream of chicken and cream of mushroom on sale for 65 cents. I usually try not to use those too often, but the holidays are coming up which means quite a bit of cooking, so I thought I should stock up. Between the sale and my coupons, I bought three cream of chicken, three cream of mushroom, and eight tomato soups and spent $7.30. I then bought six bags of frozen veggies ($1/1 coupons for each) and spent about 23 cents apiece on them.

No comments:

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras