Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Morning Thoughts, Part 1

Evan and I went to a Josh McDowell seminar back in the spring. We both found the seminar very interesting and thought-provoking. When he was younger, McDowell actually set out to prove the Bible inaccurate; yet he finally decided after doing research that the Bible had more than enough evidence to support its truth. Once he had proven to himself the truth of the Bible, he knew that he could not dismiss the Bible as “hogwash” anymore but had to decide whether to accept or reject its message. He accepted. Josh McDowell has now written many books and done much research about the authenticity of the Bible as well as the beliefs of young people today.
Josh McDowell has an interesting way of starting his seminar. He begins by asking people why they believe in Jesus. People give various answers, and he gives various reasons why those answers could also be given by Muslims, Buddists, Hindu, etc. For example, Muslims have faith, Buddism has “changed people’s lives,” Hinduism can make people feel good. Its very interesting, and I really was hoping that he would not pick me out of the crowd. ;-)
Okay, I’ll finish my post later since I can hear my child in the other room. Honestly, though, what would you say in answer to a question like that?

No comments:

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras