Tuesday, March 3, 2009

03-03-09


The bread wasn’t really what I expected. Nathan likes it, though! It is just very different and not at all like MeeMaw’s sourdough bread. Of course, hers is made with white flour, so I suppose that would make a lot of difference. I haven’t decided yet if the bread recipe can be worked with. I might still try the waffles; Nathan will eat them if nothing else. He ate two slices of bread this morning with honey. I ate a piece of bread with eggs on top. It really wasn’t bad. I remember the bread I ate in Russia was a lot like this bread, and I actually got accustomed to it and craved it when I got back home. Hmmmm…
Today I am not being nearly as motivated. I just feel worn out. Ha I do have my beans in the crockpot for Red Beans and Rice, and today is the perfect day for them.
I am still reading my Charlotte Mason books. I just finished School Education and have started Ourselves. So far, I am not getting interested in Ourselves. I am hoping that will change as I read. I did enjoy the end of School Education because she gave her opinion of a general schedule for school. The more I read, the more I feel that her general approach to education is the one that I would love to use. Everything she says rings true with what I learned through my personal and teaching experiences. I am glad I have a bit of time before I have to put the "rubber to the road," though. It's nice to have the time to plan what you want to do and find the books and resources that you will need.

No comments:

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras