Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy Morning

I feel so productive this morning! I have been making my sourdough starter for a week now, and today is bread-making day! I actually got up before my son today to read; then I made my bread dough. I definitely got my upper-body workout in the 10-12 minutes of kneading. :-) Nathan had his own little piece of dough that he was working on. So, now I wait until my dough doubles (probably sometime this afternoon), and I'll have to knead it again and put it in the bread pans to rise again. Hopefully I'll have bread pictures by the end of the day! ha I hope, hope, hope that it turns out well. I love sourdough bread. I am actually contemplating sourdough waffles tomorrow. Here is the link to my inspiration.
We are having deer roast tonight, so I also had to brown the roast and put that in the crockpot this morning. Since I was already pretty busy, I decided to put my veggies in later in the day. I just put the deer broth (homemade), onion, celery, and garlic in the bottom of the crockpot and put the roast on top; I'll add the carrots and potatoes later. We'll see how that works. Now I'm taking a break before cleaning the kitchen and starting laundry. :-)
By the way, my husband is going straight to the library after work today to work on his research project, so does anyone want supper?? ha ha

No comments:

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras