Sunday, March 15, 2009

Texas, here we come!

I'm taking advantage of what will probably be my last opportunity to go to Texas until the baby comes. I am pretty much done with the nausea, and I'm not to the point where I need to be carefully watched. So I am going. I always hate leaving Evan, but I am actually excited to be going. I think Evan's preoccupation with school and my inability to get out much both contribute to my antsiness. :-)
I have Evan stocked up on food. I roasted a chicken last night then used the bones to make broth. I made chicken salad with half of the leftover chicken, and the other half I used in my chicken noodle soup I made today with the broth. Evan loves chicken noodle soup. :-) He has a few other meals, as well, so he should be set.
Now I'm tired, and I haven't even packed my bags yet. I did make my soaked flour muffins this afternoon, and they turned out really well. I used buttermilk to soak the flour instead of yogurt, and I think it works much better for muffins. I'm taking muffins and other things I've made to try to keep a little of the same diet for me while I'm there.
Well, I should go pack. I guess. Or go watch a movie with Mom and Evan. The bad thing is that I need to get out my maternity clothes and see if there are a few things in there I can wear.

No comments:

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras