Thursday, August 20, 2009

35 Weeks, 3 Days

My doctor's appointment today went well. I found out that the "rock" that I was sleeping on last night was my little girl's knee. :-) And she doesn't seem to want to move it. My cervix is still the "same," which I found out means that it is closed but will slightly open when he pushes on it.
I opened a can of worms today, though. I asked a simple question and got way too many possibilities. ha He still seems to think that my cervix will just open up because "it dilated silently last time." (He was talking about Nathan.) Well, my cervix did not open silently last time; I had MORE than plenty contractions, and strong ones at that. I wouldn't really care, except that he thinks that even if I'm dilated to a 2 in the next two weeks we could just go in and "have the baby" to prevent having her at home. I would really like for her to be in there as long as she wants to be in there. There is a reason for the forty weeks, right?? :-) AND I don't want to be induced. I've been trying to keep her in there for how long??? And then they'll try to force my body to have her early?

Then I remind myself of Who is in control. Thankfully, it's not me or the doctors. We are praying that we (Evan and I) would have wisdom in all decisions we have to make and that maybe we won't even have to make any decisions like that. :-) God has been so faithful throughout this entire pregnancy; I actually feel badly for allowing myself to get so worked up over this. :-)
Randomness: Walgreens has had some pretty good deals the last two weeks, which drives me crazy; but my husband and mother have been good enough to go do a few deals for me! I plan it all out, write it all down, gather the coupons, and send them to the store. :-) Evan even went by himself this past weekend! Anyway, yesterday Mom went for me, and here's how it worked out:
Net loss: $16
What I got: 2 packages of Pampers, 3 tubs of Huggies wipes, 3 pencil boxes, 3 12-packs of drinks, 2 bottles of Tylenol, and 1 bottle of Softsoap bodywash.
Two packages of pampers would have cost me $20 at Walmart. :-) There now, that made me smile. hee hee

No comments:

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras