Monday, July 27, 2009

32 Weeks

Another little goal is met! :-) The next goal is 34 weeks and then 36 weeks. Evan is starting to get a bit anxious thinking about labor and delivery again, but the last few weeks I have been feeling no dread or nervousness when I think about it. The only thing that worries me a bit is whether or not I'll know when to get to the hospital. My doctor seems to think the whole process will go very quickly, but my body doesn't generally listen to doctors. ha With Nathan I was dilated between 3 and 4 for at least 2 1/2 weeks and dilated to a 5 for four days (after the doctor said I'd have him in 24 hours). When I got the hospital with Nathan, I was dilated to an 8, and the doctor there said that my doc was an hour and a half away and that I would have Nathan before my doc got there. Do you think my body listened?? No, seven and a half hours later, Nathan finally came out...and my doctor was there. :-) So, I am praying for wisdom to know when to get to the hospital because I do not want an unplanned home/car delivery. That would not be funny. I just don't want to be up at the hospital too long because they want to control the process a bit too much for my liking (especially since I am going to try to go no-meds again).
In other news, my body is definitely rebelling against bedrest. I think my little chickadee is getting big enough to make sleeping difficult, and I'm not as flexible as I was when I was this far along with Nathan. I finally found a comfortable position last night only to discover this morning that I had caused about fifty different muscles to be extremely upset with me. :-) Mom got a good laugh at my expense as I was getting off the couch to walk back to my bathroom. I'm sure I looked rather funny. Pregnancy waddle plus stove-up waddle. ha

1 comment:

@lici@ said...

Congrats! Feel free to call this week if you get bored. . .I should be home all week, less a grocery trip sometime.

 

easy statistics
Buy Digital Cameras